Monday, May 18, 2009

Time Management

Study Skills Task 7
Time Management
Time management was always something I never really thought about; I always thought everything would fall into place at some stage. But since I started studying I was proved wrong. In this blog I am going to write about how I am dealing with time management this year, with my studies, my strengths and weaknesses, and how I am going to overcome my weaknesses.

My life has been cruisey so far, I went to high school came home and worked in the weekends. I had the same routine every week and the only time it changed was in the holidays, where I seemed to have more time to myself then I needed. But since finishing high school and started studying my life has turned upside down. My time management skills which I haven’t needed until now, have had to work in overload. My time management skills were not up to scratch as I would like them to be. I am continually falling behind and not up with assessment, forgetting dates and times, which is never a good thing.

Throughout this year I am going to be focused on getting my time management skills strong and getting them to the level that I am needing to be. I am strong at getting to things on time as I hate being late and always made sure I arrive 20 minutes early, unless I have prior arrangements. I think I am so strong at this as my parents are the same, they like to be early instead of late. So learning this from an early age probably helped me to be so strong at this. But my weaknesses do out way my strengths as I don’t have very good organization skills and find it really hard to use a diary as I am continually loosing things and forgetting where I put things. But as well as loosing things, I am very family orientated and things change all the time, so writing them in a diary makes them so concrete and I just don’t know what is round the corner.

At the moment I am trying to find time for everything as well as time for myself. Having time for the family, studies and work in only 24 hours, there are just not enough hours in the day. So sorting my time management will help me sort my life and help with stress levels in my life. I am going to overcome my weaknesses this year by using a calendar and diary to sort thing in my life. Sorting my priorities that need to be done from the thing I want to do such as hobbies and socializing. I am going to learn how to structure my life into a routine that works for me and stills give me a bit of time here and there to have to myself.

The most important thing I want to do for my time management skills is that I want to make sure that it works for me as well as getting everything done on time and knowing everything that is coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment